Friday, June 19, 2015

A blockbuster is being filmed round the corner from my house

Hang on a minute! I thought as I read my Facebook feed. That's just down my road! A major film starring Paddy Considine (Hot Fuzz, Worlds End, Bourne Ultimatum), and Gemma Arterton (Quantum Of Solace, Other stuff). The film in question is a zombie flick 'She Who Brings Gifts' which has been filming in various locations across the last few weeks.  Including Birmingham's city centre a few days ago. I have found a little secret entrance that takes me right on to the set but I am far too nervous to use it, as security staff are guarding the area. I think I saw one zombie but mostly I have just seen visitors with passes (the bastards!), security guys, and general film staff. There are bloody big trailers round one of the corners and the outside has clearly visible wreckage, cars, tables and a tent which will be set alight between the hours of 8:00 and 3am. While I am going to be up at 3 am it will not be to stalk Gemma Arterton*, but because I am an adult with a job and responsibilities (annoying as that may be). I may have another walkabout tomorrow afternoon, but by then most of the filming will be done and the crew will be staring to pack up and leave. The film is based on an established book, and early press shots show the cast looking fierce. I am definitely going to see the film as this is the most exiting thing to happen to Shirley since Parkgate (which isn't that exciting).
I'm going to see the film when it's out, after all how often do you see your neighbourhood in a film at the cinema?

* I'm not a perv, while it'd be nice to meet Gemma, it would only be to say hi and welcome her to the rather small, and dull town that is Shirley




No comments:

Post a Comment