Sunday, April 27, 2014

Duke (Live at Talk 26/4/14)

Hello! this is the 8th blog i've written about local lads Duke so far. It's been over a year since I last saw these guys play at my local pub (both individually and as solo artists) and yet I still feel inclined to write about them and support them  playing their gigs in the little venues across birmingham. i think mainly because they're mates, nice guys that I get along with, but also because they are a genuinely good band. one day they might just hit paydirt and i'll be happy to have supported them.

You join me at about 7:30 pm on Saturday the 26th of april. I walk downstairs through talk and find the guys playing their songs and nod to say it's me. I've missed the opening band Inlaws, yet might check them out at a later date. Few people are here so far, some are at the front, some just chilling  on sofas by the bar. but Duke are putting a good little set. Sounding very tight as a band and playing new improved songs with added guitar solos. The songs are mainly from the new 'Where are we Now' EP. songs such as 'one way road' and forever young sounded good as ever.  It was nice to catch up with the guys and as usual they put on a good little set. hopefully a few more people will see them next time.



This was just the start to a night i'll never forget...

http://www.weareduke.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment